UPDATE (01/03/13) Automattic (WordPress) defended themselves against Zenyth Pharmaceuticals. The motion was denied. The blogger has been posting updates here.
WordPress may not appreciate my writing this but I’m going to do it anyway.
The original ColonHelp post was published last July and provoked an angry comment from Zenyth Pharmaceuticals, who demanded 100,000 Euros for damage to their reputation.
Rather than silencing criticism, this simply generated more posts and Zenyth eventually decided to sue WordPress. In doing so, they also helpfully translated the posts into English (see here, here and here), meaning they can now be read by a much wider audience.
Rather than addressing the scientific arguments and engaging in honest debate, they are simply trying to stop criticism. This is a typical quack response.
Should anyone wish to join me on a ColonHelp Streisand list, please send links and I’ll post them below.
And if WordPress have a problem with this post, I would be quite happy to set up another blog elsewhere, just for ColonHelp.
Last updated 02/03/13 11:00
- Compania care produce ColonHelp da in judecata WordPress pentru un blog sceptic dumnezero, 10/11/12
- Colon cleaning company sues WordPress to try and deny reality Insula Îndoielii, 11/10/12
- Colon quacks sue WordPress Josephine Jones 11/10/12
- Free speech? What free speech? Odeena Sabnach, 11/10/12
- ColonHelp a dat in judecata WordPress logosfera.ro, 11/10/12
- Morning Toolbox – October 11, 2012 – Legal Threats and Fair Use Tim Farley, Skeptical Software Tools, 11/10/12
- The Morning Heresy 10/11/12: Ladybugs’ Picnic Day Center for Inquiry, 11/10/12
- Quack-Firma greift ins Klo: Klage gegen WordPress Bernd Harder, gwup | die skeptiker, 11/10/12
- Turd Sandwiches iamologies, 11/10/12
- More companies go after critical bloggers with heavy-handed tactics idoubtit, Doubtful News, 11/10/12
- Skeptic News: 2 Skeptics sued The Twenty-First Floor, 11/10/12
- A shitstorm is comming Rambling around foo, 12/10/12 (also posted here)
- ColonHelp produser sue WordPress to silence critic Petter Reinholdtsen, 12/10/12
- ColonHelp is a scam. Now with extra ridiculous. Trilema, 12/10/12
- Medizinischer Shitstorm , ein windiger Pharmakonzern verklagt WordPress Living the Future, 12/10/12
- Skeptical Reporter @ 2012-10-12 Sceptici în România, 14/10/12
- Zenyth Pharmaceuticals cannot face(book) critics, so they cleanse them Rambling around foo, 16/10/12
- Virtual Skeptics, Episode 10 (17 Oct 2012) 17/10/12
- Sense and sensibility Alex Doppelgänger’s “Because I can”
- Cum ajung o companie farmaceutică globală și un blogger sceptic din România să se judece în America? Moromitic, La colţu’ străzii, 19/10/12
- Bad science, Romania style Craig Turp, Bucharest Life, 19/10/12
- Legal Issues in Social Media hoinaru, 08/11/12
- E blogul meu, scriu ce vreau pe el. Sau nu? mariussescu.ro, 09/11/12
- Is a Platform Liable for the Content it is used to Publish? Danny Hall, Posse Social Media, 26/11/12
- ColonHelp il duce la tribunal pe WordPress. In Romania. Cabral.ro, 18/12/12